Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!


Psalm 100

Make a JOYFUL noise unto the LORD
All ye lands.
Serve the Lord with GLADNESS.
Come before His presence with SINGING.
Know that the LORD, He is GOD.
It is He that has made us and not we ourselves.
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
Enter into His gates with THANKSGIVING
and into His courts with PRAISE.
Be THANKFUL unto Him 
and BLESS His name.
For the LORD is GOOD.
His MERCY is EVERLASTING
and His TRUTH endures
for ALL generations!

This was one of the first chapters of scripture
that I memorized as a child.
I think of these verses often
and they remind me that even in 
difficult times,
I have SO MUCH! 
So being thankful is so much 
easier when I remember this.
 
I love to sing my Thanksgiving to the Lord
and this is a favorite hymn of mine.


I am so very thankful for my beautiful family.
I am thankful for the freedoms we enjoy in this country.
I am thankful for a variety of healthy, delicious food.
I am thankful for the gift of creativity.
I am thankful for loving and fun friendships.
I am thankful for the gift of music.
I am thankful for the beautiful rainbow of color,
evident both in people and in nature.
And most of all,
I am thankful that God loves me
so very much.

I pray that this Thanksgiving,
you enjoy love and bounty and blessing.
I pray that you bless others.
And I pray that you rejoice in 
the creativity that allows
us to share in the joy of our Creator.

Happy Thanksgiving!



2 comments:

Andromeda Jazmon said...

I read this psalm today too and rejoiced. Thanks for sharing it here!

Anonymous said...

You are amazing and articulate in your expression of love, family,the Lord and gratitude. I love you darling daughter.